[tex-live] mptopdf bug?

Hartmut Henkel hartmut_henkel at gmx.de
Sat Oct 29 10:03:06 CEST 2005

On Sat, 29 Oct 2005, Chunyu Wang wrote:

> When I run the command 'mptopdf xx.mp', it'll complain 'can't find
> context.fmt'. The parameters of pdfetex in line 104 should be changed,
> place -fmt ahead of -progname.

[patch snipped]

haven't tried the patch yet, but isn't it a bug in texmfmp.c that the
sequence of -options does matter at all? Is this behaviour documented
anywhere? IMHO parse_options() should make a round through the complete
argument list only gathering key-val pairs, and then the heuristics of
setting parameters should follow afterwards.

Regards, Hartmut