[tex-live] windvi + non-CM-fonts

George White aa056 at chebucto.ns.ca
Wed Oct 26 13:41:12 CEST 2005

On Wed, 26 Oct 2005, Gregor Zimmermann wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I did some test installations from the texlive2005-inst-20051025.iso
> to see if the problem mentioned a few days earlier still exists. It
> does and it's the following: After installation on Windows
> systems, Windvi crashes when displaying fonts other than the "inbuilt"
> CM-fonts with "Not all pixels files were found" message. TL was
> installed either as medium or full set. Windows is XP Pro SP2 newly
> installed right before testing TL.
> It was tried with pxfonts, txfonts, aver and psyr. Forced updates of
> the ls-r databases and manually calling updmap didn't solve the
> problem.

I'm seeing erratic behaviour from windvi in WinXP Pro SP2.  It seems to
work with CM fonts, but yesterday it hung on mktexpk with high CPU use
when texdoctk found opic-rel.dvi.  It works this AM (after a reboot late
yesterday!).

--
George White <aa056 at chebucto.ns.ca> <gnw3 at acm.org>
189 Parklea Dr., Head of St. Margarets Bay, Nova Scotia  B3Z 2G6