[tex-live] Utopia fonts

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at web.de
Sat Oct 22 23:25:35 CEST 2005

  >> Yes, but TL has texmf-dist/fonts/tfm/public/adobeuro/zpeur*.tfm ...

  > It probably shouldn't, but I'm not going to mess now.

I suppose that people are still using them.  It doesn't hurt if they
are still available.

  >> It seems that we need something similar for Utopia as well.

  > Yes.  And the AFPL fonts listed on http://tug.org/fonts for which
  > Walter has created support.

The script now supports eurofont, garamond, lettergothic and utopia.
I'm looking forward for suggestions.

  > Once there is more than one, I suggest having one top-level
  > script, "getfonts" (or whatever name), which can then either get
  > all the fonts, or the ones specified, by calling the sub-scripts.
  > And then the whole thing can be bundled its own package "getfonts"
  > (or whatever), instead of scattering the scripts throughout.

There will certainly be not so many fonts that it is worth to have
more than one script.  Actually tere are two, getfont and getfont-sys
(the latter should be a symlink).

The current version can be downloaded for testing from

     http://ms25.ath.cx/getfont.gz

but if you only want to browse the code, it might be more convenient
to look at

     http://ms25.ath.cx/getfont.html

It would be nice if I could use vanilla ftp with a here-document piped
into it, but it didn't work.  Don't know why.

Thus I check for lftp, ncftpget, wget, curl, and snarf and use the
first one I find in $PATH.  If someone knows other ftp clients, let me
know.  I will support them as well then.

Comments are welcome.

Regards,
  Reinhard

Marschnerstr. 25