[tex-live] test 20051021: mips-irix pdfetex dumps core on png images

George White aa056 at chebucto.ns.ca
Sat Oct 22 00:57:30 CEST 2005

Quoting Olaf Weber <olaf at infovore.xs4all.nl>:

> George White writes:
>
> > Quoting George White <aa056 at chebucto.ns.ca>:
> > Oops -- the problem is in our locally compiled pdftex-1.30.4.  The TL test
> > has a binary for 1.30.3 which works.  I built pngtest with the libpng.a
> > and it fails too, so our compiler probably got libpng or zlib wrong.
> > I'm going to build a current libpng from the standard sources to see
> > if I can spot the problem, but hints would be appreciated.
>
> As I recall, the version of libpng matters.  A lot.  Which is why I'm
> quite happy that tex-live links a matching version statically.  New
> IRIX binaries should be up this saturday.

Thanks.  The SGI machines aren't accessible from outside, so I won't be
using TeX on SGI until Monday.

The local build of pdftex that fails was statically linked, using the
src/libs/libpng/libpnjg.a and corresponding zlib versions from the
pdftex-1.30.4 sources.  ldd shows the same system libraries are used by both
versions.

--
George N. White III
Head of St. Margarets Bay, Nova Scotia