[tex-live] xdvi fails to find libXaw.so.6 (Debian Sarge)

Daniel Flipo daniel.flipo at univ-lille1.fr
Fri Oct 21 12:05:59 CEST 2005

Frank Küster a ecrit le 21.10.2005 11:40:

> Are you using Norbert's Debian packages, or have you installed texlive
> "the normal way"?  Does "apt-get install libxaw6" help?

I do it "the normal way". Of course installing libxaw6 solves the
problem, thanks Frank!

I just wonder: is it unusual to have libXaw.so.7 instead of libXaw.so.6?
Debian Sarge is not known to integrate latest libs, I fear RedHat and
other Linux distributions might no longer have libXaw.so.6 either. Yet
another point to mention in the documentation?

Best regards,
Daniel Flipo                             Daniel.Flipo at univ-lille1.fr
UFR de Mathématiques -- Bâtiment M2      Tél : (33/0) 3 20 43 67 75
Université des Sciences et Technologies  http://daniel.flipo.free.fr
F-59655 Villeneuve d'Ascq Cedex  France