[tex-live] Greek: missmatch of .fd-file and map

Vladimir Volovich vvv at vsu.ru
Tue Oct 18 12:06:55 CEST 2005

"GV" == Georg Verweyen writes:

 GV> ! Font LGR/cmr/m/n/10.95=grmn1095 at 10.95pt not loadable: Metric
 GV> (TFM) file no t found.

 GV> In the German usenet I've been told that the .fd-file doesn't
 GV> match the .map-file. The fd points to grmn, but map only knows
 GV> grmn1000. A solution I have not tested yet might be to change
 GV> inside lgrcmr \EC at family{LGR}{cmr}{m}{n} {grmn} to
 GV> \DeclareFontShape{LGR}{cmr}{m}{n}{<-> grmn1000}{}

 GV> Maybe you can change the official package to ensure it runs out
 GV> of the box again???

if your TeX can't generate grmn1095.tfm, it means that you don't have
METAFONT versions of CBgreek fonts installed. it has nothing to do
with the mismatch between FD and MAP files. Someone may still want to
use all design sizes of CBgreek fonts. if you need only 10pt fonts,
add the following line into your document (at the TOP of preamble):

 \usepackage[10pt]{type1ec}

Best,
v.