[tex-live] fmtutil-sys, updmap-sys scripts

Daniel Flipo daniel.flipo at univ-lille1.fr
Sat Oct 15 08:42:41 CEST 2005

Thomas Esser a ecrit le 14.10.2005 18:23:

> No, no. Such config files *should* not be put into TEXMFLOCAL.  Similarly,
> you should not install pstricks into TEXMFSYSCONFIG or TEXMFCONFIG.

Thanks Thomas for your explaination, I had missed the purpose of
TEXMFSYSCONFIG (new with tetex-3), sorry. I just need to say now
TEXMFSYSCONFIG = $TEXMFLOCAL
in my texmf.cnf, I can keep on putting all my local stuff into
TEXMFLOCAL. Defining TEXMFSYSCONFIG properly also solves my
second issue: there is no need to push TEXMFLOCAL forward in the
search order of TEXMF now, this fully statisfies my needs, thanks!

A few lines should perhaps be added in the documentation about
TEXMFSYSCONFIG and TEXMFCONFIG which are new to TL2005, Karl?

Best wishes,
Daniel Flipo                             Daniel.Flipo at univ-lille1.fr
UFR de Mathématiques -- Bâtiment M2      Tél : (33/0) 3 20 43 67 75
Université des Sciences et Technologies  http://daniel.flipo.free.fr
F-59655 Villeneuve d'Ascq Cedex  France