[tex-live] texlive, linux and emacs

Martin A. Gross B. m-gross at gmx.net
Thu Nov 17 13:30:42 CET 2005

Dear list,

I just installed texlive on my ubuntu 5.4

In terminal my texlive binaries are found very well, but emacs doesn't
find them.  It seems that emacs doesn't search them were I put them
(/opt/tex/bin/i386-linux).

When I ask emacs: (getenv "PATH") C-x C-e

The answer is:
"usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/sbin:/usr/sbin:/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/bin/X11:/usr/games"

At the emacs e-mail list I was told my problem is a global one, not of
emacs, so the solution should be a global level.  Can you please tell me
what
does that mean? (They won't)

Should I make links of all texlive executables to /usr/loca/bin ?
And, how could I do this at once?

Or should I change change some other general files?

Thank you in advance,

Martin.