[tex-live] metapost oddness

Lars Madsen daleif at imf.au.dk
Sun Nov 13 23:49:40 CET 2005

I don't know whether this is intentional or not, but this give me some odd
problems

A user posted this on a Danish group (well he had a blank line bwetween
the verbatintex and the %&latex lines, so the commandline parsing didn't
work untill that was removed)

But now here is the odd thing running the following

%%% test.mp

verbatimtex
%&latex

\documentclass{article}
\usepackage{mathpazo}
\begin{document}
etex

beginfig(1);
dotlabel.bot(btex $\mathbb{R}^2$ etex,origin);
endfig;
end;

through mpost (from TL 20051101 on Linux) gives you something like this:

[22]boromir:~/tmp/mp-bug> mpost test.mp
This is MetaPost, Version 0.901 (Web2C 7.5.5)
(test.mpnewer: target file `test.mpx' doesn't exist.
  [1] )
1 output file written: test.1
Transcript written on test.log.
[23]boromir:~/tmp/mp-bug> mpost test.mp
This is MetaPost, Version 0.901 (Web2C 7.5.5)
(test.mp [1] )
1 output file written: test.1
Transcript written on test.log.
[24]boromir:~/tmp/mp-bug>

what's up with that

newer: target file `test.mpx' doesn't exist.

line? It's gone the next time the file is compiled. Is this just a new
feature or what's
happening?

/daleif

``You cannot help men permanently by doing for them
what they could and should do for themselves. ''
  -- Abraham Lincoln