[tex-live] Re: ls-R file get strange permissions

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Mon May 9 21:03:43 CEST 2005

    After a p4 sync our ls-R was only readable by
    myself, but not group/world.

In my own checkout, the ls-R's in texmf, texmf-doc, and texmf-dist are
mode 444.  (I assume one of those is what you're referring to?)  I don't
know of anything in the p4 setup that would make them unreadable.

My only thought is, what's the umask of the process doing the sync?  Not
sure if it should matter.

     of course normally when I am away

Of course :).

Maybe just chmod a+r texmf*/ls-R after the p4 sync, for now, if it's
undebuggable.  We may yet move away from p4, anyway.  For next year, at
this point.