[tex-implementors] Re: [tex-live] LM as the default outline font?

Philip TAYLOR P.Taylor at Rhul.Ac.Uk
Wed Mar 30 00:23:01 CEST 2005

Sorry, Joachim, I can see no mention of "inconvenient"
in the original message : the word I saw was "unfortunate" --

,----
| 0.982 is out there and the fontdimens in the lmtt TFM files are still
| wrong. Not to mention the unfortunate version number and the material
| being shipped in ZIP archives. :-/
`----

Joachim Schrod wrote:

[snip]

 > This thread started with the assertion that

 > lmfont's numbering scheme is _inconvenient_. It was asked why, and a
 > rationale answer was given. There was never the question what Staszek
 > has the right to do or not. -- I'm not a native English speaker; but I
 > would have hoped that you, as a native English speaker, know the
 > meaning of `inconvenient'.

Yes, I do : but it was not the word used.

** Phil.