[tex-live] bad TFM files in TeXLive!

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Mon Jun 27 20:36:48 CEST 2005

    dvipdfmx reports for EC metric files:
      ** WARNING ** TFM file size is 3584 bytes but it says it is 3152 bytes!

Thanks for all those reports.

If Jorg updates the tfm's on CTAN, we will update them in TL.  I don't
think we should change them on TL alone.

Ditto for the other bad tfm's you found -- the maintainers need to
update them, IMHO.  Would you be able to make the reports, by any
chance?  (Although some of the files may be so old as not have
findable maintainers anymore, I think others are still active.)

(Except for Malayalam -- there's a new release of that which I have not
updated in TL yet.)

    Maybe we should run similar tests with the PFB and TTF files...

I'm sure that any systematic check of *anything* in TL will turn up lots
of discrepancies :(.

Thanks,
karl