[tex-live] more TFM issues

Werner LEMBERG wl at gnu.org
Sat Jun 25 18:50:11 CEST 2005

There are a lot of other embarassing errors!

tftopl reports the following for public/apl/cmapl10.tfm:

  There's some extra junk at the end of the TFM file,
  but I'll proceed as if it weren't there.
  Subfile sizes don't add up to the stated total!
  Sorry, but I can't go on; are you sure this is a TFM?

There are two files in TeXLive which shouldn't be there:

  tfm/public/ibycus/fibo.pl
  tfm/public/ibycus/fibr.pl

Extra junk have all files in tfm/public/cmcyr/cmcyr/,
tfm/public/sanskrit/, and some in tfm/public/wsuipa/.  Some files in
tfm/public/wnri have parentheses in strings.  Those files should be
regenerated IMHO.

For tfm/public/montex/bcghsb.tfm, I get this message:

  The file has fewer bytes than it claims!
  Sorry, but I can't go on; are you sure this is a TFM?

The same I get for almost all files in tfm/public/malayalam/.

Since there is always a possibility that the files on my hard disk are
corrupted I suggest that you run the command below in the tfm tree and
check the log file by yourself:

  for i in `find -type f`; do
    echo $i >> ~/tfm.log
    tftopl $i > /dev/null 2>> ~/tfm.log
  done

Maybe we should run similar tests with the PFB and TTF files...

    Werner