[tex-live] regarding mathinst

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Fri Jun 24 17:42:18 CEST 2005

(Sorry for the delayed reply.)

    However I tried to use mathinst to get the euler math fonts
    working and it looks like mathinst is well and truly broken. Has
    it been replaced or are there other ways of doing such things
    these days?

I thought that all the best support for the Euler fonts was already
included in TeX Live (and other distributions), with no need to install
anything.  My understanding is that Walter Schmidt's eulervm package is
the best approach these days.
  http://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/help/Catalogue/entries/eulervm.html

I've never heard of mathinst :).  I see it existed in TL as
support/mathinst.zip, but was never really included.  If you're curious
about that, fontinst at tug.org is probably the best place to ask.

Best,
karl