[tex-live] repackaging cm and amsfonts

Staszek Wawrykiewicz staw at gust.org.pl
Mon Jun 13 07:27:43 CEST 2005

Finally I've made a big repackage of cm, latex and amsfonts (as promissed:)
The idea was to clean up the mess with ams fonts, clearly separate the
packages and make them complete (with all additional files, like .map
files, etc.)

1. amsfonts are merged into
texmf-dist/doc/fonts/amsfonts/
texmf-dist/dvips/ams/
texmf-dist/fonts/afm/bluesky/ams/ (missing files added from CTAN)
texmf-dist/fonts/map/dvips/ams/  (new map files!)
texmf-dist/fonts/source/ams/
texmf-dist/fonts/tfm/ams/
texmf-dist/fonts/type1/bluesky/ams/
texmf-dist/tex/latex/amsfonts/

2. cm
texmf-dist/dvips/cm/
texmf-dist/fonts/afm/bluesky/cm/
texmf-dist/fonts/map/dvips/cm/   (new map files!)
texmf-dist/fonts/source/public/cm/
texmf-dist/fonts/tfm/public/cm/
texmf-dist/fonts/type1/bluesky/cm/

3. latex
texmf-dist/doc/latex/base/
texmf-dist/fonts/afm/bluesky/latex/
texmf-dist/fonts/map/dvips/latex/ (new map file!)
texmf-dist/fonts/source/public/latex/
texmf-dist/fonts/tfm/public/latex/
texmf-dist/fonts/type1/bluesky/latex/
texmf-dist/tex/latex/base/
texmf-dist/source/latex/base/

However I failed to rebuild .tpm files for 1. 2. and 3. (any help?)

Affected .tpm files:
texmf/tpm/bin-tetex.tpm (removed bsr*.map, we have new .map files in
                         texmf-dist/fonts/map/dvips/)
texmf-dist/tpm/euler.tpm (now contains only support by Frank Jensen)
texmf-dist/tpm/amssymbols.tpm (deleted)
texmf-dist/tpm/wncyr.tpm      (deleted)
texmf-dist/tpm/collection-fontsrecommended.tpm (removed amssymbols)
texmf-dist/tpm/collection-langcyrillic.tpm (removed wncyr)

Still pending is "cmextra" in texmf-dist/fonts/source/public/cmextra/
Who knows what's the original source, as I cannot find them on CTAN?
That's something different as old AMS cmextra,
tfm files are however in texmf-dist/fonts/tfm/cm/

--
Staszek Wawrykiewicz
StaW at gust.org.pl