[tex-live] possible update of Solaris pdfetex binary in http://tug.org/texlive/tl-2004-sparc-solaris.tgz ?

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Thu Jun 9 23:11:18 CEST 2005

Greetings,

    Would it be possible to update the binaries provided in
    http://tug.org/texlive/tl-2004-sparc-solaris.tgz,

Unfortunately I think this would take too much effort.
pdftex hasn't been updated in the TL sources yet, so it's not just a
matter of rerunning a build.

    or can I find this somewhere else?

Well, if you're willing to build from source, you can grab the current
pdftex (from pdftex.org) and do it that way.  Once you have binaries, I
think they should be able to be put into the TL tree without incident.

(I advise building without any optimization on sparc, FWIW.  TOo many
compiler bugs have bit us in the past.)

Perhaps someone in the pdftex group would have (or can make) sparc
binaries for the current sources; you might ask pdftex at tug.org if no one
else replies here.

Best regards,
Karl