[tex-live] potentisal conflict in name

Thomas Esser te at dbs.uni-hannover.de
Sat Jun 4 11:38:21 CEST 2005

> now that we're discussing dvipdfmx ... do you know a way to use a
> dvipdfmx specific map path

The reason we have the big mess of different TEXINPUTS paths is that
there are conflicting files with the same name. I don't think that this
is a desirable situation to maintain this mess of search paths.

The fonts/map subtree is something new and (at least in teTeX) there
are no conflicting files. So all applications can use fonts/map// for
searching map files. In my opinion, we should think of proper filenames
instead of inventing yet another set of search paths which will cause
additional trouble.

Thomas