[tex-live] dvipdfmx

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Fri Jun 3 02:23:20 CEST 2005

    I'm just wondering, why is dvipdfmx (x !) only shipped with the
    windows version?

Only because it's very time-consuming to put new things into the
sources.  (This is also the only reason why xpdf is not [yet] included;
it is my prime target for addition.)  I will look into it.

    It's the successor to dvipdfm

Why isn't there one program, named dvipdf?  It's very confusing and
breaks uses of the old name.

Maybe we should try to contact Mark Wicks and see if he would agree to
dvipdfmx being installed as dvipdf and dvipdfm as well, and changing the
web pages, etc.

Thanks,