[tex-live] Re: Change of BSTINPUTS entry in tex-common

Arne Jørgensen arne.jorgensen at tug.dk
Sat Jul 23 15:54:57 CEST 2005

Norbert Preining <preining at logic.at> writes:

> Hallo Frank!
>
> First complaint from texlive testing people about the BSTINPUT stuff:
>
> On Don, 21 Jul 2005, Arne Jørgensen wrote:
>> In /etc/texmf/texmf.d/65BibTeX.cnf BSTINPUTS is defined as
>>
>>    BSTINPUTS = .;$TEXMF/bibtex/bst//
>>
>> TeX Live is shipped with an kpathsearch enable version of bibtex8 and
>> searches its sorting order files (.csf) along the BSTINPUTS-path.
>> Since the .csf files are installed under /usr/share/texmf/bibtex/csf/
>> the definition should be changed to
>>
>>    BSTINPUTS = .;$TEXMF/bibtex/{bst,csf}//
>
> Can we add this to tex-common stuff 65BibTeX.cnf? Or is there a problem
> with tetex?

We could also have texlive-binextra (which bibtex8 is part of) ship a
file

    /etc/texmf/texmf.d/65BibTeX8.cnf
or
    /etc/texmf/texmf.d/50texlive-binextra.cnf

with the contents

% BibTeX8 sorting order files and BibTeX style files.
BSTINPUTS.bibtex8 = .;$TEXMF/bibtex/{bst,csf}//

That way it won't interfere with teTeX (not even with TeX Live's own
bibtex). That's what I'm doing on my system currently.

Kind regards,
--
Arne Jørgensen <http://arnested.dk>
DK-TUG / Danish TeX Users Group <http://www.tug.dk/>