[tex-live] Re: Debian TeX live packages are ready for testing

Frank Küster frank at kuesterei.ch
Thu Jul 21 16:11:11 CEST 2005

karl at freefriends.org (Karl Berry) wrote:

>     ATM I haven't split the texinfo.tpm into two, but have added special
>     cases to the generating scripts.
>
> Ah, in that case, no problem.  I thought the tpm was being changed.
>
>     I do not know anything about the texinfo-debianpkg vs
>     texlive-texinfo, I guess they should be at the same release level.
>
> If anything, the Debian texinfo will (should) be newer.  It seems
> texlive-texinfo can simply be omitted.  Ditto texi2html.

texinfo in unstable is still 4.7, the last maintainer upload was  a year
ago (2004-07-13) with two non-maintainer uploads after this, the last on
2004-09-26; after this nothing happened.  I doubt that Debian texinfo
will always be newer.

> Lmodern is a problem in the other direction.  It is an integral part of
> the TeX distribution.  I doubt it can be arbitrarily updated.  Good luck ...

I had a couple of versions of the lmodern package working with
tetex-2.0.2 and tetex-3.0.  Where do you see the problems?

Regards, Frank

--
Frank Küster
Inst. f. Biochemie der Univ. Zürich