[tex-live] Re: Debian TeX live packages are ready for testing

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Wed Jul 20 19:38:31 CEST 2005

Hi Arne!

With the new packages just in upload process this should not happen
anymore, but I have some specific comments:

On Mit, 20 Jul 2005, Arne Jørgensen wrote:
> >> 3. My test document tried to generate some missing fonts, but failed
> >>    because `gsftopk' was missing (I then installed `texlive-binextra'
> >>    where it is present).
> >
> > Which fonts, can I see a testrun, thanks.
>
> Minimal document attached as test3.tex.

Do you have lmodern or texlive-fontsrecommended installed? In my chroot
cage with fontsrecommended installed, it does work without any problems.
Maybe your lmodern.sty is coming from the lmodern debian package. I have
to add some conflict or something like this.

> >>         `aleph -ini  -jobname=aleph -progname=aleph *aleph.ini' failed
> >>         `omega -ini  -jobname=omega -progname=omega omega.ini' failed

This should be gone with the new version where only those formats really
installed are generated.

> >> 6. mathpazo.sty is installed with the package `texlive-latex' but uses
> >>    some font stuff or something from `texlive-mathextra' (at least
> >>    with my test document).
> >
> > Again, please the document and the log file.
>
> A minimal example is attached as test6.tex and log file with and

I can confirm the following:
I can latex the file, but dvips does not work. For this you have to
install the texlive-fontsextra which contains the fpl fonts.

Wether this is intended or not, I don't now.
(And it shouldn depend on texlive-mathextra, are you sur?)

> >> 7. My test document also fails with \usepackage{lmodern}. From the
> >>    missfont.log:
> >>
> >>         mktexpk --mfmode / --bdpi 600 --mag 1+0/600 --dpi 600 ec-lmtt9
> >>         mktexpk --mfmode / --bdpi 600 --mag 1+57/600 --dpi 657 ec-lmtt10
> >>         mktexpk --mfmode / --bdpi 600 --mag 1+0/600 --dpi 600 ec-lmtt9
> >>         mktexpk --mfmode / --bdpi 600 --mag 1+57/600 --dpi 657 ec-lmtt10
> >>         mktexpk --mfmode / --bdpi 600 --mag 1+0/600 --dpi 600 ec-lmtt9
> >>         mktexpk --mfmode / --bdpi 600 --mag 1+57/600 --dpi 657 ec-lmtt10
> >
> > Strange. Someone has an idea why, again, let me see the test document.
>
> A minimal document (test7.tex) and log from run with pdflatex

Also this I cannot reproduce. If you have lmodern,sty, this is in
texlive-fontsrecommended, but then you should also have the actial
fonts. Probably as above a problem with the installed lmodern package.
PLease remove it (sorry, I hope to find something better soon).

Thanks for testing, and when you see new information on the tug.org
texlive/debian website, you can also retry if you have the time and
nerves, thanks in advance!

Should be done soon, something like one hour.

Best wishes

Norbert

sip:preining at at43.tuwien.ac.at                             +43 (0) 59966-690018