[tex-live] underlin package on ctan/in catalogue/in tex-live

Robin Fairbairns Robin.Fairbairns at cl.cam.ac.uk
Wed Jul 20 18:35:09 CEST 2005

in the course of my work on the catalogue, i came to be looking at the
entry file underlin.xml

this describes a macros/generic file for underlining

i was surprised to find it also having a statement

  <texlive location='latex3'/>

so i looked at the fptex stuff on ctan which has a snapshot of
tex-live tpm files.  that file has text from underlin.xml, but plainly
contains the code from macros/latex/contrib/underlin, which is a pre-
fancyheadings/fancyhdr thing for pagestyles with underlined headings.

it seems to me that the tpm is describing a different package from the
one its file pointers specify.

underlin.sty is in fact by rainer schöpf, and i shall be creating a
catalogue entry for it "soon" -- probably with the name underlin-ltx
(i.e., unless someone has a better idea).

robin