[tex-live] Packaging TeXlive as Debian packages

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Wed Jan 5 18:46:06 CET 2005

Hi Sebastian!

On Mit, 05 Jan 2005, Sebastian Rahtz wrote:
> rats. this would all be OK if we made each package a Debian package, of
> course.

Forget it. More than thousand packages. This is IMHO a no go.

> I think we have to make some new collections. so we make
> "collection-cmfont",
> and anyone who wants that Requires that collection.
>
> I can work on this if you can produce a list?

I have reduced the list under the assumption the i FORGET THE SCHEME-*
and only take collection-, bin-, hyphen- packages. In this case the list
has now 16 entries which should be fixable.
(eg metapost is fixable, as collection-metapost includes
collection-basic, see below, maybe others can be fixed the same way)

HA-prosper:
	collection-latexextra
	collection-latexrecommended
antt:
	collection-fontsextra
	collection-langpolish
cyrplain:
	collection-langcyrillic
	collection-plainextra
dbtt:
	collection-fontsextra
	collection-langcjk
	collection-omega
enctex:
	collection-basic
	collection-langpolish
eso-pic:
	collection-latexextra
	collection-pdfetex
jknapltx:
	collection-latexextra
	collection-latexrecommended
literat:
	collection-fontsextra
	collection-langcyrillic
lm:
	collection-fontsrecommended
	collection-latexrecommended
metapost: fixable, both include collection-basic
	collection-basic
	collection-metapost
multido:
	collection-genericextra
	collection-pictures
pgf:
	collection-latexextra
	collection-pictures
preview:
	collection-latexextra
	collection-latexrecommended
ruhyphen:
	collection-langcyrillic
	hyphen-russian
tap:
	collection-genericextra
	collection-langpolish
tpslifonts:
	collection-fontsextra
	collection-pdfetex

> (Karl, we'll need to do some work in Perforce in the tpm directories;
> forgiveness in advance, please)

> yes. baning package requirement in schemes is probably necessary

As I said, getting rid of schemes makes it more simple and probably
doable in short time.

Best wishes

Norbert

Norbert Preining <preining AT logic DOT at>         Technische Universität Wien
sip:preining at at43.tuwien.ac.at                             +43 (0) 59966-690018
PIMLICO (n.)
Small odd-shaped piece of plastic or curious metal component found in
the bottom of kitchen rummage-drawer when spring-cleaning or looking
for Sellotape.
			--- Douglas Adams, The Meaning of Liff