[tex-live] Re: [Fontforge-devel] Re: UTF8 and (La)TeX backend?

Han-Wen Nienhuys hanwen at xs4all.nl
Tue Jan 4 23:11:08 CET 2005

gww at silcom.com writes:
> > mailing lists.  George already has started with three SFNT tables in
> > fontforge:
> >
> >   ITLC  italic correction
> >   TCHL  TeX charlist
> >   TEXL  TeX extension list
> Actually I didn't add tables, I added new feature tags.
> 	ITLC is a GPOS format 1 feature (allows positioning changes to
> 		single glyph)
> 	TCHL is a GSUB format 3 feature (replaces one glyph with one of
> 		many glyphs)
> 	TEXL is a GSUB format 2 feature (replaces one glyph with many).
> >
> > Maybe we should add a fourth table to hold the missing bits...
> I'd be happy to add a 'TEX ' table (or something similar) to hold TeX
> font parameters. What should go in it? (I'd rather have a separate
> meaning for each parameter slot than overload them as the tfm file
> does).

Hmm. I'd say it should contain all info from the TFM

  * metrics (these are entirely unrelated to the extents of the
    outlines)

  * 30 spacing parameters

  * checksum

  * design size

of course if anything fits elsewhere in the OT font, then it should be
stored in the natural location.

--

 Han-Wen Nienhuys   |   hanwen at xs4all.nl   |   http://www.xs4all.nl/~hanwen