[tex-live] Problem with pdflatex /includegraphics

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Thu Feb 24 19:10:49 CET 2005

Hi John,

    I can't see any mention of this problem in the tex-live mail archive,

For the simple reason that no one's reported it :).  Thanks for doing so.

    libpng warning: Ignoring bad adaptive filter type
    ... the last line above is repeated many times
    libpng error: incorrect data check

I suspect the problem is somehow related to the specific .png file being
included?  I know that I have used many .png's in LaTeX documents with
TL 2004.

There have been a couple of releases of pdftex since TL 2004 was
released.  If you're up for it, you could try compiling the latest
(see http://pdftex.org).

Meanwhile, perhaps Martin or one of the other pdftex workers will know
something more specific.

Thanks,
karl