[tex-live] increasing number of registers

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Wed Feb 16 18:43:41 CET 2005

erik.itter at bbraun.com wrote:

> I have the 'no room for new dimen' problem with pictex and as I would
> prefer to use pictex as in the books I would prefer to increase the
> number of registers instead of one of the other work arounds. How can I
> do this with TeXLive? (will be working with pdflatex in case thats
> important)

use pdfetex or pdfelatex or anything with an e in its name instead since etec
has > 256 registers (afaik on tex live all macro packages default to using
pdfetex, so maybe your format is not generated in etex mode

> The information contained in this communication is confidential, may be
> attorney-client privileged, may constitute inside information, and is
> intended
> only for the use of the addressee. It is the property of the company of the
> sender of this e-mail. Unauthorized use, disclosure, or copying of this
> communication or any part thereof is strictly prohibited and may be
> unlawful.
> If you have received this communication in error, please notify us
> immediately
> by return e-mail and destroy this communication and all copies thereof,
> including all attachments.

what a legal crap; well, this answer is public, not confidential, may be used by
unauthorized persons, etc etc; your attorney will love the fact that all your
mails to tex live will somehow end up in search engines and on many machines

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE