[tex-live] Re: TeXlive for other systems - can I help?

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Wed Aug 31 16:08:08 CEST 2005

Hello Dr. Kreil,

Thank you very much for offering!

    We run HP-UX on the ia64 architecture.

If you could build TeX Live for hpux, that would be great.

The easiest way to get the sources is probably with rsync:

  rsync -a --exclude=Images tug.org::tldevsrc /your/local/dir

It should be about 2gb.

Then go to the ./Build/source.development directory and run the
script "Build" there.

If all goes well, you'll end up with a bunch of binaries in the
inst/bin/ subdir.  However, every new architecture usually fails in
some new and "interesting" way, so let us know about any problems.

Once the binaries are made, we can go into more detail about testing +
distributing them.

Thanks again,
Karl