[tex-live] Problem with T1 encoding and Type1 fonts

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Fri Aug 26 15:24:52 CEST 2005

    LM fonts don't map one-to-one to EC fonts.

I don't think they have to.  The missing fonts can be scaled in the map
files.

    why not include \usepackage{lmfonts} which is the correct and
    unambiguous way to do that?

That will continue to work but is not the point.  The point is that
Rolf's original simple latex document ends up using pk fonts.  That's
unacceptable.

As far as I can tell, the choice is either to restore all of cm-super
(and delete a bunch of other stuff to make room) or change the map files
so that lm is used.  I prefer the latter, if it will work.

I am writing Jacko about it now, as I don't see a map file for this in
the LM distribution.

karl