[tex-live] TeXlive for Debian/Sarge and upward - version 2005.08.24-1 online

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Thu Aug 25 17:04:35 CEST 2005

On Don, 25 Aug 2005, LUK ShunTim wrote:
> While TeXLive installs alright, texinfo (4.8-0.1) fails. Error message:
> <quote>
> Unpacking texinfo (from .../texinfo_4.8-0.1_i386.deb) ...
> Setting up texinfo (4.8-0.1) ...
> mktexlsr: Updating /var/lib/texmf/ls-R-TEXMFMAIN...
> mktexlsr: Done.
> fmtutil: no info for format `texinfo'.

Ooops. Sorry. THis was fixed 3 days ago, but since it is not
automatically synced to tug, I forgot to upload it there.

Please *reget* texinfo (apt-get install --reinstall) and it should work.
After deactivating the format stuff for texinfo, I still called the
fmtutil-sys in the postinst script.

On Don, 25 Aug 2005, Frank Küster wrote:
> The reason is obvious:  In fmt.d, the formats are commented.  I guess
> the easiest thing would be to simply drop format generation from
> postinst.

THis is what I have done.

> orig.tar.gz files on every build?  At least after downloading the
> dsc and diff.gz files of texinfo_4.8-0.1 into the directory where an
> orig.tar.gz file from previous tests is, dpkg-source complains:
>
> $ dpkg-source -x texinfo_4.8-0.1.dsc
> dpkg-source: error: file texinfo_4.8.orig.tar.gz has size 2148904 instead of expected 2140626

I guess the reason is the following: I first build the orig.tar.gz from
the TeX live sources, but switched then to the original from the gnu.org
site (there are no serious differences, and I mentioned it once in an
email).

So probably what you have is the old .orig.tar.gz from the TeXlive
source.

All my current sources and the ones on tug look like this:
4e9a1a591ed236003d0d4b008bf07eef 2140626 texinfo_4.8.orig.tar.gz
this is what you get from gnu.org, no repackaging. Please remove the old
source file!

Best wishes

Norbert

sip:preining at at43.tuwien.ac.at                             +43 (0) 59966-690018