[tex-live] libstdc++.so.6

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Sun Aug 14 14:50:20 CEST 2005

    v5 is still available, but has been recompiled with a newer gcc.

Argh.  Wouldn't it be better to distribute a libstdc++.5 compiled with
gcc 3, so that the (millions of) existing binaries continue to work?

Anyway, that's your bailiwick, of course.  For our purposes, Thomas
suggested that we change the gcc specs file on the build machine to link
libstdc++ statically, which should be far simpler than messing with
auto* stuff in the lcdftools source.  Naturally in gcc 4 they don't even
make that easy (no specs file by default any more), but it should still
be possible.  I'll work with Staszek on that front and see what happens.

Thanks,
Karl