[tex-live] TeXlive for Debian - Comments from DD and Mentor(s)

Frank Küster frank at kuesterei.ch
Thu Aug 11 16:22:49 CEST 2005

Norbert Preining <preining at logic.at> wrote:

> Hopefully all the directories are `separate' in the sense that no two
> packages install files (not directories) into the same directory.

I haven't looked at the structure of your arch:all packages yet, but it
seems to me that this shouldn't be too difficult.

Either a package has only one documentation directory
/usr/share/doc/pkgname/ and one symlink
/usr/share/doc/texmf/{latex/}pkgname.

Or it contains a collection of CTAN directories, then you can simply
organise it like this:

/usr/share/doc/pkgname/styleone
/usr/share/doc/pkgname/styletwo
/usr/share/doc/pkgname/stylethree
/usr/share/doc/pkgname/somefont
/usr/share/texmf/latex/styleone ->
/usr/share/texmf/latex/styletwo ->
/usr/share/texmf/latex/stylethree ->
/usr/share/texmf/fonts/somefont ->

> So we have
> . /usr/share/doc/pkgname/...
> 	contains the actual files
> . /usr/share/doc/texmf/
> 	contains some directories and some symlinks to directories in
> 	/usr/share/doc/pkgname (as I said, hope this works, will
> 	implement it now and see ;-)
> . /usr/share/texmf/doc -> ../doc/texmf
>
> Is it the way it should be?

Yes, fine.