[tex-live] lcdf-typetools breakage

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Thu Sep 16 19:31:46 CEST 2004

    Does anybody know of a current GNU mirror which offers
    rsync access?

Ha!  I just found one:
rsync rsync.nic.funet.fi::ftp/pub/mirrors/ftp.gnu.org/pub/gnu/

(More blah blah blah, feel free to skip. :)
Another longstanding project of mine is to get the GNU mirror
situation improved.

ibiblio.org does offer rsync.  But it is not up to date.  This is
because the GNU sysadmins said they would push content to ibiblio, and
haven't.  I asked the ibiblio person to resume using wget for now, but
he hasn't.

Most mirrors are also not updated.  The only one besides funet that I
know of with updated files is aeaneas.mit.edu (although it also has
obsolete files that have been deleted from the original).
planetmirror.com reported today that they fixed their GNU archive, but
it isn't.  (I told them.)

Exacerbating the situation is that the GNU sysadmins also have not
updated any file indexes for over a year, despite my repeated pleas.
And recursive dir's do not work.

We just ordered another disk for tug.org.  Maybe then we'll have enough
space to have a GNU mirror there.

I'll update http://www.gnu.org/server/mirror.html when there is news ...