[tex-live] lcdf-typetools breakage

Olaf Weber olaf at infovore.xs4all.nl
Thu Sep 16 11:23:44 CEST 2004

Several problems with lcdf-typetools come up when compiling on IRIX:

In every Makefile.in we have

	mkinstalldirs = $(mkdir_p)
	mkdir_p = @mkdir_p@

but since IRIX mkdir doesn't understand --version, code in configure
(from automake's mkdirp.m4) substitutes $(mkinstalldirs) for
@mkdir_p at .  As a result, installation fails.

However, the underlying problem is that as far as I can tell,
mkinstalldirs should have been defined like this by automake:

	mkinstalldirs = $(SHELL) $(top_srcdir)/mkinstalldirs

The other problem is that in .../otftotfm/glyphfilter.hh I needed to
define

inline bool
operator!=(const GlyphFilter::Pattern& a, const GlyphFilter::Pattern& b)

because it turned out to be required during template instantiation.
This may be a problem with the MIPSpro compiler or headers.

--
Olaf Weber