[tex-live] Including recent versions of packages

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Wed Sep 15 17:42:41 CEST 2004

Hi Harald,

     many packages are outdated. Is it planned to go through CTAN and
    include recent versions of the packages before releasing the final
    version of TeXLive?

Well, Sebastian brought everything up to date a couple months ago, but I
guess he missed numprint/babelbib.  I don't know if he'll have time to
do it again.

There is no easy way that I know of to comprehensively "go through CTAN"
and compare to TL (at present; the idea has been discussed for umpteen
years but no one has implemented anything), so I doubt that will happen,
as such.  I believe Seb has relied on ctan-ann in the past.

Anyway, I'll see if I can do numprint and babelbib, if Seb doesn't get
there first.  If there are any others you know of, let us know.

Thanks,