[tex-live] arabtex

Vladimir Volovich vvv at vsu.ru
Tue Oct 19 09:46:13 CEST 2004

"KB" == Karl Berry writes:

 KB> Anyway, it's a moot point as far as arabtex goes, since it's
 KB> actually in TL now, as Sebastian informed us, since the author
 KB> changed the license (yay).  I was wrong about that.  Sorry for
 KB> that confusion.

I'm curious whether the following text is part of the license:

	ArabTeX is copyrighted by the author. If you use the system for
	scientific work please give appropriate credit to the software
	and the author (e.g. in the colophon of a monograph.) We also
	appreciate a complimentary copy of any scientific work produced
	with ArabTeX.

and if so, does it combine well with LPPL? I would feel uncomfortable
if i would ignore this demand when using arabtex, thus i would not
consider this as "free".

Best,
v.