[tex-live] TEXINPUTS problem

Thomas Esser te at dbs.uni-hannover.de
Mon Oct 18 09:40:37 CEST 2004

Hi Hans,

> i have no plans for that (texexec supports --engine and that's as far as
> i will go)

A new command line switch is not what I am asking for. texexec has some
means to adopt to various characteristics of a TeX systems (by different
setting of TeXShell in texexec.ini). The characteristic of teTeX is that
all format files are stored in a single directory and that all extensions
for all engines are the same.

One solution to store file names for different engines is to use the
scheme $engine/file.fmt. One other is file-$engine.fmt. All that I am
asking for is to support the second scheme internally. If you have no
time to implement it, we might fined someone else to do this. Would
you accept such an extension to texexec?

Thomas