[tex-live] question concerning env variables of texmf.cnf

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Sat Oct 16 17:15:03 CEST 2004

Hi friends!

I vaguely remember that it was possible to set
	TEXMF=foobar:
in my environment and due to the final : the `real' search path was the
one from kpsewhich texmf.cnf with foobar prefixed.

Did this change at some time?

Reason: I want to add another texmf tree for my private use, but it
should *not* be the ~/texmf, but one more. My idea was to set
	TEXMF=~/texmf-fc:
and get in total all the usual search path combined with the above
prefixed.

Is there another way to achieve this without setting all the variables
by hand?

Thanks a lot and all the best

Norbert

Norbert Preining <preining AT logic DOT at>         Technische Universität Wien