[tex-live] bug in the latest TeX Live snapshot.

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Mon Oct 11 16:29:19 CEST 2004

    I also didn't receive my own message but I assumed this is because
    tex-live list isn't sending senders their own messages.

This is a mailman option, and anyone can change it for themselves.
And by default, it is on, so people do receive their own posts.

In your case, Tigran, your address tigran at aivazian.fsnet.co.uk was
apparently automatically set to not receive mail because mailman noticed
mail to you was bouncing.  So I don't know how you were receiving any
tex-live mail at all, unless you're subscribed under a second address.

    PS. Maybe TeX Live distribution should have some sort of ".version"
    designation inside it's installed copy so I can give more meaningful
    designations instead of "old" and "new".

"TeX Live 2003" vs. "TeX Live 2004".  I suppose that we could insert the
build date into the 00*.TL files, or somewhere.

Each program has its own version number (usually about a zillion of them :),
so I usually report things by saying "tex blah-blah-blah, distributed
with TL 2003".

Whatever.

Thanks,