[tex-live] unix/windows inst, binaries

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Thu Oct 7 22:52:31 CEST 2004

    No. 10.2 has bash. So you only lose systems < 10.2

Ok, I deleted bash.

    iTM is a frontend just like TeXShop.  Both are open source and
    free. Mac OS X does not come with X11 so it needs some sort of
    frontend.

Is it possible/reasonable to have their actual binaries installed so
they can be used "live"?

    II2 can be removed. It is an alternative way of installing.

As for II2, I thought the idea was that people could use this image to
bootstrap instead of having to download it.  Is that a chimera?  Ok,
it's only 2MB, no big deal.  If you think it's better gone, I'll delete.

Thanks,