[tex-live] Build of Oct 2, 22:45 source.development fails on Mac OS X

Gerben Wierda Gerben.Wierda at rna.nl
Sat Oct 2 23:24:03 CEST 2004

I updated the source tree and ran a make clean, a removal of all
config.caches, a configure and a make install. This breaks down because
autoconf is being called and my autoconf on my build system is not new
enough. I cannot install a newer autoconf on my system (it is a
nightmare). Besides, normally, this should not be necessary. There will
be another time stamp problem with the stuff in the repository, but I
have no time to find out everything. So I am going to post the tail of
the output here and wonder if someone can tell me which file to touch.

       -I../../libs/ncurses/include -I./../../libs/ncurses/include -g
-O2 rc.c -o rc.o
gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -DHAVE_NCURSES -DUSE_COLORS
-DLIBDIR=\"/usr/local/Build/TeXLive.development/lib\"
-DINCLUDEDIR=\"/usr/local/Build/TeXLive.development/include\" -c -I.
-I. \
       -I../../libs/ncurses/include -I./../../libs/ncurses/include -g
-O2 strcasecmp.c -o strcasecmp.o
gcc  dialog.o checklist.o inputbox.o menubox.o msgbox.o textbox.o
yesno.o radiolist.o gauge.o rc.o strcasecmp.o -o dialog
../../libs/ncurses/lib/libncurses.a
making all in utils/t1utils
cd . && /bin/sh
/usr/local/perforce/TeXLive/Build/source.development/TeX/utils/t1utils/
missing --run autoheader
./aclocal.m4:39: error: Autoconf version 2.54 or higher is required for
this script
./aclocal.m4:39: the top level
autoconf: tracing failed
make[7]: *** [config.h.in] Error 1