[tex-live] Viewing doc through texdocpk

Kaja P. Christiansen kaja at daimi.au.dk
Thu Nov 4 15:48:15 CET 2004

Karl:
 > I am sad that texdoctk apparently requires manual maintenance of every
 > single doc file.  This does not seem like a good idea.

Staszek:
 > Kaja spent a lot of time last year
 > for correcting it by hand.

not quite. I hacked a perl script which parsed the texdoctk database
and the doc tree (only one last year) to delete from texdoctk.dat files
no longer present in texmf/doc and add the .dvi, .ps and .pdf files
from master doc tree which were not found in texdoctk.dat. which I suspect
is what Thomas's grep is doing :)

I have no idea where I have this, so no promises. at the moment, I sync
the Master tree (24K + of log file already) and pay attention to my
new office machine which runs Fedora: pleasant, but also full of surprises.

Kaja