[tex-live] Viewing doc through texdocpk

Staszek Wawrykiewicz staw at gust.org.pl
Thu Nov 4 04:26:12 CET 2004

On Wed, 3 Nov 2004, Karl Berry wrote:

>     -- no fancyvrb.dvi, no fancyvrb.pdf
> created
>     -- no colortbl.dvi, no colortbl.pdf
>
> It seems that when Sebastian updated the carlisle packages for a bug fix
> in typecase on oct7, the pdf's I had previously created were deleted,
> and pspicture.ps reinstated in the wrong place (doc instead of
> dvips/carlisle).  I put things to rights.  Sebastian, maybe ctan2tds can
> be fixed?

I think that is rather hard to guess which doc files should be generated
by P.T. TL Team. For some packages we have ready made dvi|ps|pdf files
already on CTAN (or only text files), for other only .dtx which can
(always should?) be processed.

>     I have also noticed that amsclass.faq, present on TL2003 is
>     no longer on TL2004, so textdoctk returns an error for that file.
>
> It seems the AMS deleted the file from the distribution on CTAN.
> I re-added it by hand for now.

Nobody knows if that deletion was intentional, so I'd suggest to stick
to what we have on CTAN.

Ps. As for texdoctk.dat, I corrected it mainly for the changed layout,
esp. texmf-doc/ guides, faq etc. (I wrote about that a month ago).
Perhaps the script proposed by Thomas can cure that somehow better.

--
Staszek Wawrykiewicz
StaW at gust.org.pl