[tex-live] CVS for texlive

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Mon May 24 15:21:28 CEST 2004

    Why I ask: Our institute at the Vienna University of Technology, in fact
    my fellow sysadm and me, think we can provide texlive cvs repository.

A very generous offer, thank you.

    What is the current status of the transition to cvs?

As I recall, Sebastian concluded the discussion by saying we would
move to CVS after the 2004 release.

    - if yes, did we/you came to a decision where to put it?

Sebastian concluded that sarovar.org was the best choice, because it is
actually run by TeX friends in India, it already has lots of
infrastructure (as well as cvs) without anyone having to take the time
to build it, and access was acceptable.

So, while it's a very kind offer, I think your TL time is better spent
on development :).

Thanks,