[tex-live] TL2004: Technical problems and testing

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Thu May 13 10:27:41 CEST 2004

At 01:12 13/05/2004, Karl Berry wrote:
>     Basically, with plain TeX mode the 8bit stuff should be off.  With
>     latex, my understanding is that people want it on, and same for
>     context.
>
>Ohhh, this is yet another wrinkle.  I am not sure at all that it should
>depend on the format.  I haven't heard that proposed before.
>
>We need more input. Folks, shall we:

can you fill in the next table? *=mapped ^^=escaped

                        nothing   -8bit   -tcx=natural.tcx
(==8bit)  enctex    operating_system

write (including 16)     ^^        *             *
message                  ^^
special                  ^^        *             *
pdfliteral               ^^        *             *
terminal                 ^^

Hans