[tex-live] substructure for enc and map

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Thu May 13 02:44:21 CEST 2004

    i still need to patch texfont to the latest changes
    (enc/dvips|ps|generic, can you make a decision there?

    or maybe i should just decide for enc/pdftex to make things easier);

I guess I am inclined to keep things as they are:

fonts/enc/<package>/whatever
fonts/map/<package>/whatever

Regarding map files, no rename from dvips to generic.  As Thomas said,
there's lots of other kinds of (completely different) map files in the
world.

Regarding enc files, it doesn't seem to me that we need the additional
level of ps, truetype, svg, etc.  Encoding files in non-PostScript
formats might certainly come to exist, but they will still be installed
by/for certain packages.  Filename extensions seem like a better way to
distinguish between formats, if we need to in the future.

So unless there are objections ...