[tex-live] TL2004: Technical problems and testing

Fabrice Popineau Fabrice.Popineau at supelec.fr
Wed May 12 15:54:26 CEST 2004

> No, TeX has always been system-dependent in the tty/log output.
>
> I can see that having a way to achieve system-independent output may be
> desirable, but I think it cannot be the priority right now.

I even wonder if it is desirable, as long as the program has to be used by
humans. I wonder if there is a single program which is system independent
and which provides interaction to the user.

The problem is not to ignore system dependencies, but rather to integrate
them so the behavior will look as natural as possible.

Maybe that the behavior in batch interaction mode should be different than
the normal one?

Fabrice