[tex-live] New binaries for alpha, missing omega ofm/opl/ovp tools

Thomas Esser te at dbs.uni-hannover.de
Wed May 12 14:13:12 CEST 2004

> What I am missing is: ofm2opl opl2ofm ovf2ovp ovp2ovf

That's my fault.

omegafonts/Makefile.in has a "install-links" target to create these
links, but I have disabled "install-links" in web2c/Makefile.in if
fmtutil is used.

While it is right that we don't want web2c's Makefile to create tex-engine
related links, we do want these links. So, my change to Olaf's Makefile
(disable install-links) has this drawback, but I don't see a clean
solution at the moment.  Olaf has already written to me that web2c's
Makefile does either too much (with install-links enabled) or too less.
He wants to find a better solution.

Until then, I think we can live with a work-around in TeX/Makefile.in:

        # temporary fix for missing links
        test -x texk/web2c/omegafonts/omfonts && \
          cd texk/web2c/omegafonts; $(MAKE) install-links

I am about to make that change. We can take it out if we have a better
solution inside of web2c.

Thomas