[tex-live] lambda, omega, latex.ini

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Tue May 11 00:03:58 CEST 2004

    Ehmm... I hate changing someone's stuff, and... I'd prefer acting more

Someone's, but whose?  Who imported Omega into TL originally?

    carefully, so again ask people with more knowledge in Omega stuff.

I know that Yannis and John are not on tex-live, and have no time for
the details like this anyway.

The only other Omega developer I know who might be able to help is
Roozbeh Pournader.  Not sure if he's still working on it, but we could
try asking him specific questions.  He's not going to be familiar
with the ins and outs of TeX Live (like texmf vs. texmf-dist), though.

Is anyone else on this list familiar with Omega installations?

I am not.  All I can say is that your changes, to make Omega more in
line with the other formats/engines, sound correct to me, according to
the principles we've laid out.

   -- moving hyphenation stuff from tex/lambda/base
      to tex/generic/omegahyph/ (not sure about that)

Well, hyphenations don't seem like they would be lambda-specific to me,
so tex/lambda/base does not seem right.  Omega-specific, if anything.
However, collecting them under tex/generic seems good to me.

I wonder about tex/generic/hyphen instead of tex/generic/*hyph ... in
fact, the TDS even mentions tex/generic/hyphen ... doesn't really
matter.

   -- clearly separate antomega things from lambda/omega basic packages

I've never even heard of antomega.  Sorry.