[tex-live] Is TeXk from TeXlive 2003 TRIP certified?

Petr Olsak petr at olsak.net
Tue Mar 16 15:33:18 CET 2004

On Tue, 16 Mar 2004, Fabrice Popineau wrote:

> > I checked out this part properly:
>
> You need to use the texmf.cnf provided in the texk/web2c/trip directory
> of the source tree, not the default one.

In another words: the default TeXk with default configuration file is not
TRIP compatible. It is out of my interrest that the TeXk binary is able to
be TRIP compatible by some special configuration file and some special
operation environment when the default configuration is not TRIP
compatible. This was not the reason of TRIP test.

It is your intend to make TeXk with default configuration file TRIP
incompatible? Why?

> > PS. The difference in last digists in dvitype output is not explained
> > by this.
>
> No, but it has always been regarded as acceptable.

Yes it is acceptable, but why _the same_ operating system, _the same_ TeX
distribution (web2c only in different versions) has these differences?

Yes, it is acceptable, but the two pages lost by TeXk (14 pages versus 16
pages) are not acceptable.

Best regards

Petr Olsak