[tex-live] Port of TeX Live to x86_64 architecture?

Tigran Aivazian tigran at aivazian.fsnet.co.uk
Wed Jun 30 17:02:05 CEST 2004

Hello,

I am curious if there is a working TeX Live distribution compiled for
x86_64 architecture? I asked Sebastian this directly but I understand
(from reading tex-live archives) that he is extremely busy, so I thought I
should ask this question here, perhaps someone knows.

I see there is a tetex distribution compiled for x86_64 as included in
Fedora Core 2, but, as was usual the case with Red Hat, the version
included is very old, so I would rather use even the 32bit TeX Live 2003
instead of the native x86_64 old version included in Fedora. But,
obviously, much better option is to run the native x86_64 TeX Live...

Kind regards
Tigran